On Monday 1st June Bowls England issued updated guidance regarding playing bowls now that the lockdown restrictions have been further eased. The guidance they have issued amounts to 4 pages but, in essence, it boils down to the following:- Outdoor bowls is now possible with the following restrictions.
1. Singles, Doubles and Triples can now be played.
2. Only alternate rinks to be used.
3. Social distancing to be observed by the players on a rink at all times.
4. Clubhouse facilities (changing room, bar etc.) are to remain closed.
5. Players to leave the club area as soon as they have finished playing.
So, basically, ‘roll-ups’ and limited competition are allowed. In the case of NK Bowls Club this means a maximum of 18 players (if rinks 1, 3, 5 are used) at the club at any one time and no congregating on the balcony area.